Monday, March 12, 2007

Bangkok 9-11 March 2007

Departure from Singapore 15:35 by Asia Airways flight FD3504, arrival in Bangkok was 16:55.

We shared a 2-bedroom suite with Victor and Tonya at the Princeton Park Suites, located at the Din Daeng area, quite far from the main shopping belt!


Patpong red light district...wherever you go, you see men holding a price list, asking whether you're interested in Tiger Show or Ping Pong Show...EEEewks! So many men/women pole-dancing in the bars...and...so many Japanese restaurants...obviously, the Japs are attracted to this happening place!

We had our dinner at a Mexican Pub & Restaurant...the food is quite nice, with crispy nachos and tasty chilli dips. The only thing is that the men put on more blushers than both Tonya and me combined!

After walking around Patpong for a while, it's night shopping at Suan Lum, near the Limpiri Park! We only managed to walk 1 sector out of the huge market and we have to sit down and rest for a while...by the way, remember not to try their phad thai or mixed sausages at the food area...terrible...rubberband like phad thai and cold sausages...the only nice one was the grilled squid...the Thais can't go wrong with their squids!

Tuk Tuk ride from Patpong to Suan Lum

Saturday morning was shopping at the Chatuchak market! Yeah, finally I have a chance to go...and I was properly dressed in short skirt/shorts cum spaghetti strapped top, as I've been warned that it's a very hot oven-ny place! We set off for breakfast and only managed to eat KFC next to the Victory Monument BTS sky train.


Chatuchak market is actually located next to the Mo Chit BTS station, next to the Chatuchak park. It's so huge that I don't think I can finish the whole place...we skimmed shopped and focussed at the targetted areas...at some point, we noticed that the sky was turning grey and we sat down for some food and drink...it rained! Even though it was passing cloud only, but it poured a little! Just nice, we sat down have some food and drinks before we continue...but not that many things to buy...quite disappointed! But I noticed that many stuff sold in Singapore are from BKK, which has been marked up sky high after transporting them from BKK to shopping centres in Singapore!


After Chatuchak, we went straight to the shopping belt area, targetted at the Central Chidlom department store. What's on offer? Haha...Wacoal in BKK is dirt cheap! It's like less than half price after additional tourist discount and VAT refund...I didn't buy that many this time, as compared to 8/9 months ago, when I went for the New Manager's training in July 2006! Satisfied after shopping at Central, we went on from the footbridge to Central World to hunt for Naraya...fabric bags and accessories, which is very economical and affordable! Oh yeah, forgot to mention the Erawan Shrine (四面佛) along the way...

When I first came last July, Central World was not completed yet. Now, it's become the largest shopping centre in Southeast Asia and Hong Kong, as the brochure quoted. Singapore claimed that Vivocity is the largest shopping centre in Southeast Asia...I wonder which one is bigger??? I would say Central World! Hehe...

Once we've reached Central World, we quickly looked for food, as we're all tired and hungry...We walked around the huge place hunting for food...there are any restaurants, but we're trying to look for the food court...in the end, we ordered Tom Yum Noodle Soup, Vietnam snack platter and mango glutinous rice! Yum yum!


Naraya was the last stop, before we conclude our day with a massage at Siam Square, Lek Foot Massage! It was fantastic. Victor and I enjoyed the massage so much that we wanted to come again next morning!

Sunday was the last day and we only had the morning to shop at The Platinum, before we head for the flight at 17:50 for flight FD3505! As mentioned, we left for a second round of massage in the morning, whilst Raymond went to Siam Paragon to have his pig's trotter...we all went to Siam Paragon to Da Bao food back to the hotel before we checkout from the hotel and head for the Platinum again. Even though we didn't spend too much time there, I've had enough of shopping in the last few days! Time to go home...

Souvenirs bought from either Suan Lum Night Market or Chatuchat weekend market!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aiya i miss going to bkk.
and our trip to bali.

let's see if we can organise to go away again together. hopefully this year hahah.