Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Grammar, who cares?
Don't know why...even though I'm not the most perfectly spoken person in the whole wide world, I tend to get all edgy when hearing wrong English grammar. The most popular ones are: She don't (doesn't) care, Irrgardless (regardless), Pulled (pull) [by the way, I found out that this is American, not following the English English standards] a string, etc etc. Even though I have been correcting people whenever I heard them using grammar wrongly, I was caught by surprise that my dear darling Gwendolyn have used the past tense of take, as in took, correctly. E.g. Lyn Lyn (a.k.a. Gwendolyn) took Mama's bolster or Mama took Lyn Lyn's small pillow. I was thrilled to hear that and wished that she can keep it up, until she unknowingly said: No want, instead of don't want (typical Singlish)...sigh...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment